Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Every Vote Counts
The John Tracy Clinic is amazing: they offer amazing services to families of deaf and hard of hearing children for no charge. When we attended JTC this summer, we heard Nolan whisper for the first time, received recommendations for a personal FM system, and finally received information to nail down Nolan's hearing loss type and levels. Without John Tracy, we would still be wondering if Nolan had a progressive hearing loss, we would not have the FM system, and we would not have been as empowered.
Unfortunately, the Clinic struggles for funding and relies on generous donations from the community.
Please vote for John Tracy in the Pepsi Refresh challenge: imagine what they could do with $250,000! Every child deserves a voice.