Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Hanging in There
Nolan continues to recover and is doing amazingly well. He has played outside a couple of times for brief periods of time and is playing as if he didn't have major surgery this week! He is extremely cranky and can't swallow when the Tylenol with Codeine wears off, so we have maintained the pain medication. We have a post-op appointment with his ENT tomorrow afternoon, and will adjust his medication types/levels after that appointment, if she thinks he would do better on regular Tylenol.
Tonight is the last dose of his oral steroid (to prevent swelling in his airway), and he'll be finished with the antibiotic soon, too. We will be very happy to get back to his regular medications (Zantac and Nexium).
We are looking forward to Christmas and all of the festivities in this coming week, so updates might be a bit scarce as we get closer to the holidays!