Unexpectedly canceled appointments always lead to a lot of stress: all of that angst in gearing up for a stressful procedure is heightened when the appointment is canceled and puts a whole chain of medical events in limbo. Then we have the sitters lined up (for Matt) that we have to contact, the day of school missed for both boys, and the hours of work missed by my husband.
On the other hand, talking to the ENT office personnel every 15 minutes this morning did give me access to Nolan's echocardiogram/EKG results: totally normal. While the ENT has not reviewed the results herself, the nurse practitioner looked at the report and gave me the information. His heart is fine, despite year(s) of severe apnea.
Nolan originally had a well-child appointment scheduled for this Friday, and I forgot to cancel it. Good thing, since the pH probe has been delayed until next Tuesday. We will go to the pediatrician tomorrow and do the routine height/weight/how-is-he-doing checkup. They also do a quick blood count at the pediatrician visits, which is important because Nolan is at risk for anemia (and calcium deficiency and B12 deficiency) from prolonged use of high-dose proton pump inhibitors.
Since we have no school or doctor's appointments today, we are going to play in the snow and finish decorating for Christmas. If nothing else, living in Western New York with a medically complex kiddo keeps us flexible!