Thursday, December 2, 2010

Buffalo Trips #2 and #3 Canceled


Lake effect snow: the bane of our medical-travel existence. Nolan's pre-op appointment (and pH probe placement) was in Amherst. A very strong band of lake effect snow pummeled the south towns of Buffalo last night, resulting in the closure of the I-90. 20 inches of snow fell last night on the highway, and another foot is expected today.

I called the ENT's office and we are trying to move his appointment to next Tuesday. This may impact his scheduled surgery on the 14th, but we won't know until we get the pH probe results back (on Thursday or Friday). If the surgery gets canceled, we literally won't know until a day or two before the scheduled date. This sucks, because we have family scheduled to fly in the Sunday before the procedure. I am waiting for the nurse practitioner to call me back to verify whether the data will be read by Friday the 10th of December. We need to know if the surgery is a go/no-go so that flights can be canceled or rearranged.

Drat this weather. Hopefully we won't get pummeled by another storm next Tuesday.

4 comments:

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

I don't know how you put up with all of that snow! We're having a persistent flurry and I want to shake my fist at the sky!

Apraxia Mom said...

Darn! But maybe there is a reason for all this. Maybe there is a reason that you should have to postpone the surgery day?

I don't know. However, what I do know is that you guys are always in my thoughts.

Hang in there, mama! You rock!

Julia said...

Yeah, that was a pounding! I've got several students who can't make it in to campus.

Julia said...

How ironic -- I had to cut that comment short because a student came in for help! (Tis the season for exams.) Anyway, sorry about the scheduling mess, and I hope you can get a surgery date that works well with your family arrangements.