Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Buffalo Trips #2 and #3 Canceled
Lake effect snow: the bane of our medical-travel existence. Nolan's pre-op appointment (and pH probe placement) was in Amherst. A very strong band of lake effect snow pummeled the south towns of Buffalo last night, resulting in the closure of the I-90. 20 inches of snow fell last night on the highway, and another foot is expected today.
I called the ENT's office and we are trying to move his appointment to next Tuesday. This may impact his scheduled surgery on the 14th, but we won't know until we get the pH probe results back (on Thursday or Friday). If the surgery gets canceled, we literally won't know until a day or two before the scheduled date. This sucks, because we have family scheduled to fly in the Sunday before the procedure. I am waiting for the nurse practitioner to call me back to verify whether the data will be read by Friday the 10th of December. We need to know if the surgery is a go/no-go so that flights can be canceled or rearranged.
Drat this weather. Hopefully we won't get pummeled by another storm next Tuesday.