Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Would You Like Some Butter with that Donut?
Nolan started eating again last night. He ate half his dinner, a string cheese, a banana, and ice cream. This morning, he ate a bowl of dry cereal and two cinnamon rolls. He's trying to make up for lost time, apparently. We're letting him eat whatever he wants - he needs to gain back the three pounds he lost over the past month.
I am very relieved that his digestive system seems to have returned from its rather long vacation. Hopefully his energy level will return with his stomach: the past month has been filled with days of "noodle-boy," where Nolan loses all tone and turns into a puddle on the floor. Sometimes, he falls asleep.
Mostly, he just whines and cries that he is "out of energy" or "tired." The chronic fatigue is worrisome to me, but I have a feeling it is tied into his lack of eating. He's still adjusting to the C-Pap, too - we're making it to about 2:30am most nights. Then he wakes up crying because it is hurting his nose. Still, it is progress!
This is the last full week of summer vacation before school starts. We have a slip-and-slide party planned, a play date at the creek, and lots of other fun activities planned. I hope the little guy's energy level returns so that he can really enjoy all the splashing and playing with the other kids!