Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Monday, November 22, 2010
A Week Off
We have no scheduled doctor appointments this week. Actually, Nolan's well-child appointment was scheduled for Tuesday, but I moved the appointment because I don't want him to miss out on his preschool's big Thanksgiving feast. Unfortunately, I moved it to December 3, so I have to call and reschedule that appointment due to the repeated pH probe.
Anyhow, I am extremely grateful for a doctor-free week. Not having to make the 70-mile-each-way trips to Buffalo is a wonderful thing. This week, we are tearing up bread for stuffing, thawing a turkey, and making Pilgrim hats in preparation for Thanksgiving.
Nolan is taking to the Zantac, though the Zantac liquid tastes rather bitter. When I approach him with the Nexium syringe, he takes the medication gladly. The Zantac, however, causes him to wrinkle his nose and make a run for it. Hopefully the new medication will keep his stomach pH up- I have no idea what will happen if he fails the next pH probe.
Here's to a week filled with crafts, feasts, and general gratitude!