I called the ENT's office as soon as the phone line opened up this morning. The office personnel told me to bring it back to the office, and they would download the information from the recorder and decide if enough data was obtained.
Dennis took (another) day off work and we loaded the boys into the truck. Our ENT maintains two offices, and we were going to the site in Depew (on the southern edge of Buffalo). I walked into the office and the nurse saw the probe in a plastic baggie and exclaimed, "Oh, no!"
I handed them the probe and explained that it came out sometime between 3:00am and 5:50am, when I fell asleep. Unfortunately, the probe has to be sent to the main office in Amherst (north of Buffalo) to determine if enough data was gathered. We still don't know if it has to be repeated or not.
We got about 14 hours worth of data, so hopefully that will be sufficient. They will download the data from the recorder tomorrow, and will give us a phone call as to whether we need to repeat the pH probe study or not.
While I was there, they handed me the paperwork for Nolan's surgery (the supraglottoplasty) on December 14. They also handed me the order for the EKG and the echocardiogram. For some reason, I thought the echo and the EKG would be performed at the time of surgery, but it makes sense that we would do these studies prior to undergoing major airway surgery.
I'll call the cardiologist tomorrow to book an appointment for the EKG and echo- I hope to get an afternoon appointment so the boys don't miss preschool.
I will be very, very glad when January arrives and all of this hullabaloo is over!