Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Nolan's new ear hooks came in the mail yesterday - I was rather relieved to put the new hook on, as the other (broken) hook was rather loose. When the little guy had his tantrum last week, he had snapped through the threads - while the hearing aid was still usable, I was in constant fear that it would fall apart at school and that we'd lose a hearing aid! The new hook is nice and secure.
I called the pediatric surgeon's office yesterday to make sure all of Nolan's records had arrived. I knew his scans from the ENT were already there (they were what prompted the surgeon's phone call two weeks ago), but I wanted to make sure the pH probe, biopsy, and pathology report had arrived from the GI doctor's office. Everything has made its way to his office, so we should hear back on "The Plan" soon. The next step will probably involve another consultation with the doctor prior to surgery (if surgery proceeds) and will definitely involve another gastric emptying scan. In the meantime, I continue to bake and eat pastry. I hope things get settled before another week passes, because I am starting to measure the waiting time in pounds gained.