Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Growing (Sleep Neurologist Update)
Nolan had an appointment with the sleep neurologist today. It was all good news!
Age: 4 years, 3 months
Average C-Pap Compliance: 5 Hours/night
Weight: 33 pounds!
The little guy is refluxes constantly, but we have managed to keep his weight up by letting him snack incessantly (he eats a tiny amount all day long). The C-Pap is increasing the quality and duration of sleep, which allows for the production of growth hormone. We should see continued weight and height increases as he continues with the therapy. We don't have to return to the sleep neuro for another three months.
I love these types of appointments!