Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Friday, March 13, 2009
Well, the good news is that Nolan's ears are perfectly fine. And so are his throat, lungs, and nose. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him, except for a fever that will not go away. The official diagnosis? FUO- Fever of unknown origin. It sounds more like an alien disk descending from space than a medical issue, but there you go. So now we watch and wait, and hopefully the fever will disappear eventually. They did do a finger stick to see if his white blood cell count was up, and it's not. He's due for shots next Wednesday (well baby appointment) so hopefully the fever will be gone by then.
He's also up to 20 pounds, 10oz! We're almost at the 21 pound mark, so at least he's still gaining weight. This child seems to subsist on a diet of milk and three cheerios per day, but at least he's still gaining some weight.