Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Smart Little Guy
We're gearing up for our IFSP meeting later today. Nolan has been doing so well that they want to reduce services. I would rather wait until he's talking and listening consistently before we cut off his only intervention possibility. The goal here is prevention. Unfortunately, most early intervention services work off a "failure" model and want to withold services until the child fails, then start services again. I would much rather keep services going to prevent a delay in the first place!
We'll see how it goes...