Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Nolan is doing fairly well. He has some granulation tissue that is starting to form around his g-tube site, but otherwise is decently recovered from his surgery. I do have to vent him, usually once per day in the evening (lots of trapped air in that little belly). Otherwise, it is business as usual - he has been ridiculously cranky lately, so I'm still waiting to see if anything "develops." He threw a tantrum yesterday that would have put any two year old to shame, and has just been whiny in general.
Spring Break has been spectacular. My mom came out to visit, and we took the boys to the Kinzua Dam in Pennsylvania. The visitor's center is closed, but we walked on some trails and visited a place called Jake's Rocks.
Next week, we head down to Myrtle Beach. Hopefully Nolan will be a bit less cranky, because 14 hours in a car with Mr. Whiny is going to be tough. Still, I can't wait to get down to the sun and sand!