Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Saturday, July 2, 2011
The relief I feel is enormous. I just received word that a visit to see Dr. M at the Cleveland Clinic has been approved. Our insurance company will not cover any tests or procedures there, but they will allow us to get a second opinion with a geneticist.
I'll call on Tuesday to make an appointment. We should get in by mid August to early September.
I am so thankful to get the second opinion - we really need reassurance and advice before we think about doing any more surgeries.
Now I can relax and get back to worrying about the dead hearing aid!