Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Appointment Made for the Cleveland Clinic
Holy Guacamole, the Cleveland Clinic is fast. Within half an hour, the phone was ringing and the genetics department was on the line. They're scheduling into September now, so Nolan's appointment will be on September 6.
Apparently, the Cleveland Clinic is approximately the size of a small continent - they are sending an information packet and map system so that we can find our way through the campus (there are over 20 buildings on the main campus). They're also sending fax information and history forms, so that Nolan's pediatrician can fax the relevant information to the geneticist.
That's one major item crossed off the "to-do" list, and I am very pleased that we snagged our second-opinion appointment prior to the follow-up with the ENT in late September (when we will revisit the idea of a fundoplication referral).