Judging by the full night of sleep and lack of "erupting preschooler," I'd say Nolan is feeling better. Thank goodness, because one more night of stomach flu, and our washing machine would have gone on strike!
There are seven days until we board our jet and head toward the sunny shores of Southern California for the John Tracy Clinic summer session program. Seven. Days.
I still have a lot of things to square away in the coming week. I have to give our neighbors our keys, so they can feed our cats, feed our fish, and gather our mail for the three week period of time. These same neighbors are also going to mow our lawn while we're away. Did I mention the fact that we have great neighbors?
I'm making a list of online bill accounts that will have to be paid during our trip, and I need to go shopping for travel toys for the boys. Dollar stores rock. We are reading books about traveling and California this week, to help prepare the boys for our (long) plane flight and the wonderful things they will see in Southern California.
I did manage to get Nolan's extra Nexium supply approved, and we are fully stocked with anti-reflux meds for our trip to California. This is extremely good news, because a refluxing Nolan is absolutely no fun to be around!
For those contemplating attending the John Tracy Clinic summer session, I thought I would log some of the costs of traveling and staying in Los Angeles (it helps to start saving now). We do not need a rental car, so those costs are not included:
- Air travel, via Southwest Airlines x 4 people, Buffalo-Los Angeles = $1895.20
- Housing at the Annenberg Apartments for 21 days, $40/day + 14% LA City Bed Tax: $957.60
- Parking Permit for Annenberg Apartments, $25/week: $75
- Long term parking at Buffalo Airport, $11/day for 22 days: $242
- Total travel/housing cost: $3169.80
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with one of the best oral-deaf preschools in the nation: FREE.