Sunday, July 18, 2010

Disney Weekend


I am so tired and I won't post much, but we had a great weekend at Disneyland. This weekend:

  • Matt became a Jedi in the Jedi Training Academy.
  • Nolan discovered that he LOVES rides, especially if they go fast.
  • Matt rode his first "big boy" rides: Star Tours, Soarin' Over California, and Mulholland Madness (first roller coaster).
  • Nolan screamed because we wouldn't let him ride roller coasters.
  • Matt met Mickey Mouse and hugged him.
  • Nolan met Mickey Mouse and screamed bloody murder, because any mouse that stands six feet tall must be a mutant bent on destroying the world.
Dennis has taken Matt back up to Oxnard, and Nolan is very deeply asleep. Tomorrow is the first day of our second week at John Tracy, and I am excited to get back to the routine. The routine is a bit of a relief for Nolan, and he when he heard me mention John Tracy at Disneyland, he cried, "I go back my John Tracy!" So there you go: John Tracy rates much higher than Mickey Mouse. I think Nolan misses all of his friends.

Tomorrow's lectures are on Classroom Amplification, Oral-Peripheral Structures and Functions, and Sensory Integration and Behavior. I'm off to bed, so that I can be alert for the information deluge tomorrow!

6 comments:

PolyglotMom said...

So glad to hear you had a great time at Disney! I can't wait to hear more about it. Thanks for the preview of tomorrow, I was wondering what was planned. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

The whole experience - though wonderful - must be exhausting. Glad Nolan is "good with" the routine... "my John Tracy" :D

Apraxia Mom said...

So happy that he is enjoying his time out there.

As for the mutant mouse, I am sure that he will change his mind in a couple of years!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting back to me with your comment on the blog! Your posts are providing so much food for thought!

xraevision said...

Oh Leah, I've missed you! So glad you are back to JTC. We really enjoyed the routine there and X fell into it quickly. With our first week and a bit back home wildly disorganized (jet lag, culture shock, one million appointments, etc.), we soon realized just how crucial that routine had become in maintaining our well being and sanity. We have now implemented a JTC-like routine at home and X is *GET THIS* napping in the afternoon again!!!

"My John Tracy" Aawww, talk about tugging on my heart strings. Super sweet.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I'm jealous of the Jedi training thing. They don't have that in Disney World. My hubby would be super excited!

That's awesome that he's so excited to go back. Must make you feel great.