Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Down to the Wire


With only three days left until our flight to Los Angeles, I'm starting to feel a wee bit stressed out. I still have so much to do! Really, there are only two days left since today is nearly over.

I did pick Nolan's earmolds up today, and it is nice to have brand-new earmolds for our trip to John Tracy. Unfortunately, his right earmold is lacking a helix lock. This means that in a month or so, the earmold will start to fall out of his ear (we've had this problem in the past). Our wonderful audiologist took another impression and it will be mailed to our house. We won't have it in time for John Tracy, but we will be able to replace it once we get home. It's fine for the time being, so it's not a big deal.

I did discuss Nolan's sudden aversion to noise, particularly sudden bass tones. Nolan's audiologist turned up his "impact noise" suppression program, so hopefully that will help. I haven't seen the "jump out of his skin/jerking eyes" behavior occur again, which is good because it really freaked me out. We have enough neurological "issues" with the central apnea, thank you very much.

I have been to the dollar store and purchased many cheap, entertaining toys. I have also bought post-it notes, because I hear they're great entertainment for the two-year-old set. The flight attendants on Southwest Airlines will surely be glad to see us get off their plane when we land! I also bought myself The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. I doubt I'll get to read any of it, but there's always hope!

On my to-do list for tomorrow (besides cleaning a house with toys run amok):

  • Print out Mapquest directions from LAX to the John Tracy apartments.
  • Laundry. Trust me, this is no small task with a husband who goes through three sets of clothes/day at a minimum, and two small boys!
  • Buy more cat food and a three-week fish feeder.
  • Buy snacks for the plane ride (Yogos are a favorite of the boys).
  • Early birthday party for Dennis, who turns another year older on the day we fly to LA.
The to-do list for Friday includes checking in for our flights (in the vain attempt to get "A" boarding passes on Southwest), and packing. We are going to be busy for the next two days!

8 comments:

tammy said...

YAY!!! So excited for you all! I can't believe you'll be there in only three days! Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Wow!

So much to do and so much excitement!

Praying all goes well for you,

Julie

Apraxia Mom said...

I'm going to miss talking with you for three weeks!

Do you have access to the internet while you are there? Please???

Yanti said...

Wow, so much to do,so little time...you'll manage tho.You're supermom!
Have fun!

Julia O'C said...

Sounds exciting!! I always feel so overwhelmed before a trip, but somehow it all gets done. Take time for lots of deep breaths!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

So exciting! The flight will be a challenge but it gets so much easier as they age - this last flight at age 5, I even read a book on the way home!

Happy Early Birthday Dennis!

Lissa said...

Not long till JT now!! Hope you'll get chance to blog all about it when you return!! Hope you get everything done that needs to be completed before you go!! Enjoy!

Julia said...

Good luck with everything! I hope you'll be able to blog from LA -- if you have time! I'm sure it will be a really informative and rewarding experience, and I'm looking forward to picking your brain when you get back to our neck of the woods. Happy Travels!