With only three days left until our flight to Los Angeles, I'm starting to feel a wee bit stressed out. I still have so much to do! Really, there are only two days left since today is nearly over.
I did pick Nolan's earmolds up today, and it is nice to have brand-new earmolds for our trip to John Tracy. Unfortunately, his right earmold is lacking a helix lock. This means that in a month or so, the earmold will start to fall out of his ear (we've had this problem in the past). Our wonderful audiologist took another impression and it will be mailed to our house. We won't have it in time for John Tracy, but we will be able to replace it once we get home. It's fine for the time being, so it's not a big deal.
I did discuss Nolan's sudden aversion to noise, particularly sudden bass tones. Nolan's audiologist turned up his "impact noise" suppression program, so hopefully that will help. I haven't seen the "jump out of his skin/jerking eyes" behavior occur again, which is good because it really freaked me out. We have enough neurological "issues" with the central apnea, thank you very much.
I have been to the dollar store and purchased many cheap, entertaining toys. I have also bought post-it notes, because I hear they're great entertainment for the two-year-old set. The flight attendants on Southwest Airlines will surely be glad to see us get off their plane when we land! I also bought myself The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. I doubt I'll get to read any of it, but there's always hope!
On my to-do list for tomorrow (besides cleaning a house with toys run amok):
- Print out Mapquest directions from LAX to the John Tracy apartments.
- Laundry. Trust me, this is no small task with a husband who goes through three sets of clothes/day at a minimum, and two small boys!
- Buy more cat food and a three-week fish feeder.
- Buy snacks for the plane ride (Yogos are a favorite of the boys).
- Early birthday party for Dennis, who turns another year older on the day we fly to LA.