Monday, December 3, 2007

Way cool hearing loss simulator!

So, I have been going nuts wondering what Nolan can and can't hear. All of the regular hearing loss simulators on the web are for high-frequency loss, and can' t simulate a cookie-bite or reverse-slope loss. THEN someone on the listen-up listserv told me about this program which can simulate any type or level of hearing loss. They have generic settings, and you can also manually move the bars to get the loss by frequency!

I downloaded it and have been having some "fun" playing with it this morning.

It definitely gives me a better idea of what Nolan can and can't hear (he is actually missing quite a lot).

3 comments:

Drew's Mom said...

Awesome - thanks for posting!

hearingaustintx said...

Indeed! It is an awesome post. I had a great time in this blog and I think I will be visiting this blog more often for more post just like this.

hearing loss

Jorge Miller said...

I wish that I can also try that cool hearing loss simulator. I am sure that I am going to have fun in that thing.

hearing aids