Monday, August 20, 2012

Back From Vacation

We are finally home from our 2 week vacation in California - we had such a great time! Nolan's ear infection did clear before we left, which was a relief. The flight was no problem at all and we had a great time visiting Sea World, Lego Land, and a spur-of-the-moment trip to Disneyland.

We also visited the beaches, went miniature golfing, and ate as much Mexican food as our bellies would hold.

Nolan did really well on the trip, with only one day of tummy trouble. The day we left San Diego, we decided to visit the KidSpace Museum in Glendale/Pasadena. About 20 minutes out from the museum, Nolan begged us to vent him. He doesn't ask for this very often, but I figured his breakfast of nearly 2 pancakes must have generated a little extra air or was causing discomfort. I tried to vent in the car, but nothing came out of the tube. We shrugged our shoulders and Nolan seemed a bit fatigued, but said he was OK.

We walked into the museum and the temperature was over 100 degrees, so we went to the indoor gallery first. The kids climbed a bit, then Nolan walked over to the pretend ant-hill and sat down. Then he vomited.

This was pre-stomach-explosion. Not feeling so hot.

I took him to the office, where he proceeded to vomit about 4 more times. I had the museum staff find Dennis and Matthew, we gathered as many plastic bags as we could, and we headed back to Oxnard. Nolan vomited about every 10 minutes on the ride home, which took about 2 hours. Once we got him to my parents house, he was extremely drowsy and fell into a deep sleep. When he woke 2 hours after that, he was a bit "off" for the first 30 minutes, and was then totally fine. His energy was back, he ate, he drank... he was completely fine.

It wasn't like he had the stomach flu, or even reflux. It was very odd - like a "vomiting attack," if you will. Whatever the cause, I was grateful that he was right as rain by the afternoon. We didn't see a repeat of the episode for the rest of the week, which was a relief!

I will put pictures on our other blog as time allows (and as I transfer them from our laptop computer). I have several articles to write for Hubpages to finish my required minimum as part of the Apprenticeship Program. I also have the kids' school registration information packets to complete and Nolan has a dietitian appointment in Rochester tomorrow. These last two weeks of summer are going to be busy!


Herding Grasshoppers said...

Can't wait to hear/read all about your trip! Sounds like a fabulous time, (excepting the one vomit attack). Hope you get some time to relax, these last couple of weeks :D


Kyla said...

Glad you guys had a great time, minus the vomiting! Wonder if it was an abdominal migraine??

dlefler said...

I have absolutely no idea. I just saw a post in the p2p board about a similar incident. Nolan does this occasionally and it is horrible - but then when the incident is over he is absolutely fine. Go figure??