Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Nolan is full of hilarity these days. He has the most awesome facial expressions, and has come up with some pretty interesting sayings over the past few days.
"Mom, I need to frost my teeth."
That one didn't take long to figure out - though he may be the first child in the history of the world to love flossing so very much.
"Mom, I want bourbon."
This one took a little longer to figure out. I was pretty sure he wasn't asking for whiskey. I can only imagine what the neighbors think when he spouts off something like this. As if it isn't bad enough that we walk down the street with a leash tied to his bike (to slow him down on the steep hill) - now our kid is asking for bourbon.
After a round of questioning, we determined that bourbon was not a drink. It was also not candy, or food. Exasperated, he shouted, "I want bourbon! I want to pway at the part!"
Oh. Bergman. The local playground. Of course!
I have a feeling we'll be getting interesting notes home from his teacher next year...