Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mr. Personality


Nolan is full of hilarity these days. He has the most awesome facial expressions, and has come up with some pretty interesting sayings over the past few days.

"Mom, I need to frost my teeth."

That one didn't take long to figure out - though he may be the first child in the history of the world to love flossing so very much.

"Mom, I want bourbon."

This one took a little longer to figure out. I was pretty sure he wasn't asking for whiskey. I can only imagine what the neighbors think when he spouts off something like this. As if it isn't bad enough that we walk down the street with a leash tied to his bike (to slow him down on the steep hill) - now our kid is asking for bourbon.

After a round of questioning, we determined that bourbon was not a drink. It was also not candy, or food. Exasperated, he shouted, "I want bourbon! I want to pway at the part!"

Oh. Bergman. The local playground. Of course!

I have a feeling we'll be getting interesting notes home from his teacher next year...

7 comments:

TheSweetOne said...

I think if Lauren said, "I want bourbon" my response would be "ME TOO!"

leah said...

Hilarious! To be honest, that was my first thought, lol!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA!

I had a friend named TJ who would torment her shy sister-in-law by teaching her kids wonderful things... one time she coached them to demand, in the grocery store, "We want VODKA!"

Better take the boy to Bergman ;D

rouchi6 said...

He is really funny and so cute !!!!This are great moments.

Julia said...

Love it! And bourbon could be a great sleep aid -- although I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help with his REM desaturation.

I love Ben's /w/ substitution for /l/, and I admit I'll be a little sad to see him grow out of it. It's even better when he's really emphatic about it. He has a series of books called "See How They Grow", and he always refers to the "lamb" one with such vigor: "See How They Gwow, Wam!!" Or "Is your mama a wama?"

leah said...

I love the little things they say! Nolan cracked me up last night, telling me he saw lots of "E.T.'s"

Turns out he was looking at his little magazine, which had pictures of manatees. I think I like the name "ET's" better!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That picture should be a Norman Rockwell painting!!!