Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Monday, May 23, 2011
Another Trip to Buffalo
Anyhow, Dennis and I are both going to this appointment, just in case he did fail the test. If he has apnea, we will have to make a decision about doing a revision supraglottoplasty. In addition, if his laryngomalacia has returned, then we know his reflux isn't under control with the medication.
I'm trying not to think about it too much, since we simply don't know the results yet - if he passed the sleep study, then all is well and we can relax. In fact, if he passes this one, I think I will throw a party. Everyone is invited!
Matt is still on the DDAVP, without any success at the 0.2mg/day dosage. We increase the dosage to two pills/night (0.4mg/day) this week. I am hopeful that we will see some improvement, so that we can avoid a trip to the pediatric urologist. Buffalo is a great city, but I'd like to go there for a reason other than doctor appointments, thank you very much.
We did get some nice, sunny weather this weekend and the boys were invited to a birthday party in Dry Gulch - a pretend mining town in our area. They had a blast, digging up gems and seashells. Matt won an agate slice during a game, which made his day. I think we have two budding geologists on our hands!