Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On the Potty Train (Again)


Things have settled down, and we are enjoying the complete and utter lack of doctor appointments. Nolan has readjusted to school, is eating like crazy, and is even accepting his medications again.

With life so stable, we hopped back on board the Potty Train: Destination Nopuddles. The first four days were fruitless, so to speak, but yesterday it seemed to "click." I am taking him to preschool this morning in underwear: wish us luck!

In my spare time, I've been writing articles for hubpages. They don't pay for the articles, but revenue can be generated through Adsense and Amazon. Of course, Adsense won't send out a check until you earn $100, so it might be a long, long time before I see any money from it. I figure it is a little experiment: I'll write articles and see what comes my way in terms of income. Hey, maybe we'll be able to get a new set of hearing aids by the time Nolan starts Kindergarten!

In the meantime, we're having a blissfully unexciting January. Not having to drive to Buffalo every other day is quite liberating!

5 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Good luck with that potty train & the articles!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray for a blissful lack of appointments, for the foreseeable future! I'm sure with all the health stuff going on it was too much for Nolan to think about potty training. I bet he'll catch on pretty quickly now - he's a bright little guy :D

Julie

TheSweetOne said...

You go girl! Our OT gave me the best potty training advise ever - Go for undies and never look back. Yes there will be puddles but it's just pee. Sticking with it means it'll all go faster. Worked for Lauren and I was sooooo happy to be rid of the diapers! Hooray for time off from appointments!

rouchi6 said...

Hey all the best with potty training and hope you get that 1st 100 really really quick followed by more sooner!!

Ericka said...

Miles potty trained over Christmas break! I'm a proud mommy :) Of course, he's not night trained yet. But we'll figure that out one day.