I received our informational packet for the John Tracy Clinic Summer Session. We have already purchased plane tickets to Los Angeles, but there are a lot of things to do prior to our trip. John Tracy was wonderful and included a checklist for the forms which need to be submitted before we leave:
- Confirmation of Participation (Check! Completed online).
- Housing Reservation Request (Check! Completed online).
- Children's Immunization record
- TB Test/Clearance for children participating in program
- Audiology documentation request
- Adult health statement and TB test/clearance
- Arrival date and time (Check! Completed online)
- Any test results (hearing and developmental) recently received.
The audiology documentation request is for our audiologist. We will take it to her when we go for Nolan's hearing test in May. She will send in all of Nolan's hearing test results and will fill out a "permission form" for John Tracy to adjust Nolan's hearing aids. Knowing our audiology clinic, I have a feeling they will decline this portion of the form and will check off the "I would prefer changes not be made if John Tracy has suggestions for this child's device programming or audiological care." Our local audiology clinic does not do aided audiograms and believes they are invalid for digital hearing aids. This will be interesting, since Nolan has never had an aided audiogram and I have a feeling there will be a bit of a disagreement between John Tracy and Buffalo with regard to Nolan's hearing aid settings.
Nolan is having language and developmental testing performed in April, so those results will be sent along to John Tracy as soon as I can make a copy of the records. I'll also send along a copy of his hearing test report when it is completed in May.
July is only four months away, and I am getting really excited for this trip! Los Angeles, here we come!