The weather is quite cold this week (the windchill is -23F today), so we are all confined to the great indoors. Our speech therapist is off for a minimum of three weeks, and I'm not quite sure what to do with all the free time!
Nolan is really charging ahead with language, imitating 2-3 new words every day. Few of them "stick" and they aren't used spontaneously, but imitation of sounds is still important. We picked up new earmolds and he has been leaving his aids alone. We also saw the ENT and his ears look beautiful- no fluid, no excessive wax, no infection.
Everything is looking so good that we don't need to return to the ENT until May, and I'll simply give the audiologist a call when his earmolds are outgrown. I do need to decide if I want to venture up to Buffalo once per month for their new parent/infant program at the oral deaf school. They have a program the fourth Wednesday of every month for 15 month-2 year olds. Since we don't have local oral deaf education opportunities, I might take advantage of this. Everything hinges on the weather and whether or not my older son will be allowed to come with us.
I am really pining for spring and warm weather. Hopefully this cold front will leave us soon!