Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Monday, December 17, 2012
Why We Don't Own a Horse
We were driving down to Erie to do some shopping yesterday. Nolan decided to entertain himself by asking us endless questions, including what would happen if one could reach the end of the known universe (would you end up back at the earth, or simply continue on into nothingness?) - my brain hurt by mile 5.
"What would happen if you had no feet?"
"What if there was no water?"
"What if you had no home and no tent?"
"What would happen if the sun was closer?"
"Hey, can I have a horse?"
I think he was trying to wear us down with questions, so that we would numbly say, "Yes, Nolan."
"No, son. You need a stable for a horse."
Nolan said, "We could staple him to a tree."
Dearest Nolan, you need a staBle, not a staPle!