Monday, December 17, 2012

Why We Don't Own a Horse


We were driving down to Erie to do some shopping yesterday. Nolan decided to entertain himself by asking us endless questions, including what would happen if one could reach the end of the known universe (would you end up back at the earth, or simply continue on into nothingness?) - my brain hurt by mile 5.

"What would happen if you had no feet?"
"What if there was no water?"
"What if you had no home and no tent?"
"What would happen if the sun was closer?"

Then...

"Hey, can I have a horse?"

I think he was trying to wear us down with questions, so that we would numbly say, "Yes, Nolan."

Dennis answered,

"No, son. You need a stable for a horse."

Nolan said, "We could staple him to a tree."

Dearest Nolan, you need a staBle, not a staPle!

Goodness.

3 comments:

rouchi6 said...

This is hilarious ! Its really good he asks too many questions....of course it can bog you down specially on days when you have a long day. We too have issues at times with a few alphabets....p,b,t and d.Meanwhile enjoy the endless questions that make you also smile.....:)

EmmaVerdona124 said...

ok, this is downright hilarious, I had those moments with my hearing aids many times LOL!!! (I may get my left and right turned up soon)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA! I love that you wrote down the questions - you'll be glad when he's older!

And look how much he's talking!!!

Julie