Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
This week has been nice and quiet. Apart from keeping track of everything that Nolan eats, there haven't been any appointments to worry about. He ate quite a bit yesterday, including 1/2 a sandwich (with peanut butter!) for lunch and 1/3 of an Easy-Mac macaroni and cheese container. I'm not really worrying about overall nutrition at this point - just trying to get food into him.
Nolan started swimming lessons on Monday and is absolutely loving it. The boys are both taking lessons at our elementary school (yes, our elementary school has a pool). The teachers are awesome with him and completely "get" the hearing loss situation. No one has let him wander off into a different group and they always take him by the hand to lead him to the right location. He's starting to swim from the teacher to the side of the pool - I am excited (and relieved) that he's really learning to swim!
We built a "kid wash" sprinkler this week, which was a lot of fun. Nolan helped hold the pipes as we built it.
They spent much of the following day running through the sprinkler.
The kids are having a blast with summer - I really hope we have hot weather all the way through the end of August, so they can play in the water for as long as possible!