Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Sunday, June 26, 2011
We Love Wonderful Summer Weekends
The weather hasn't been that wonderful in our neck of the woods. The temperature is above freezing, however, so we're not complaining. We have spent most of this past weekend fishing on our local lake: Nolan and Matt both caught lots of little sunfish, perch, and even a small bass!
Tomorrow we head back up to Buffalo Children's for Nolan's upper GI series: he can't eat after midnight, and we have to keep him happy for the 2 hour ride up to Children's. Hopefully he'll drink the barium this time - last time he refused and they had to thread an NG tube (a tube that goes up the nose and into the stomach) to administer the barium. We've talked about it a bit, and Nolan agrees that he'll drink the white "medicine" tomorrow. He hates "tubies," so there is a good chance that he'll cooperate this time.
If he gets out of there on time, we'll get to go to the zoo afterward. I'm not promising that yet, though, because sometimes they take quite a few "pictures" after the initial study (i.e. I'm not sure if they're doing a small bowel follow-through tomorrow).
It'll make for a long day, but at least he can eat as soon as the X-rays are completed. Hopefully we'll be home in time to go swimming and play outside a little tomorrow afternoon!