Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Matt's Sleep Study Results (Post Supraglottoplasty)
Matt's follow-up appointment wasn't until October 28 with the ENT - I figured if there was any "negative" news, we'd find out soon enough.
The ENT's office called and said his apnea is unchanged despite doing a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy and a supraglottoplasty. They re-booked his appointment for September 22 to re-evaluate his case.
I don't have an official report yet, but the short summary is this:
The bad news: Matt still has moderate/severe sleep apnea.
The good news: I didn't throw out the C-Pap machine!
At least Nolan's apnea is under control for the time being, so we can focus on getting Matt's under control.