Monday, March 21, 2011

The New Addition

We got home late tonight with our new addition: Casey the Golden Retriever. He's adorable. He's also brilliant (and I'm not biased in any way). He's already partially house-trained, and has figured out how to strategize his chasing technique to double back on Matt: the puppy beats the boy every time.

Nolan fell asleep in the car on the way home, so he'll get to socialize with Casey tomorrow. In the meantime, Matt and the puppy have become inseparable. The dog whimpers when Matt gets out of sight.

Right now, dog and boys are all happily asleep. I'm headed in that direction, too.

Gotta love a new baby that already sleeps through the night!

6 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo!

Happy for you all... better you than me ;D

Julie

Anonymous said...

Casey is so cute! Glad the boys love him already!

Julia said...

Lovely dog! I'm glad to hear he's bonding with the boys already.

I gotta say, when I saw the title for your blog post, I thought it was a follow-up to the recent post about Nolan and Matt's mathematical prowess!

rouchi6 said...

Congrats, am sure you guys will have fun with this new addition.

xraevision said...

Aw, he is really sweet and I bet the boys are thrilled! X has a special connection to our dog (adopted just over a year ago) and they are very protective of each other, except when it comes to food.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I adore golden retrievers. Casey is such a cutie!