Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Friday, February 19, 2010
Keepin' It Real: Paging Dr. Diaper Genie
On the way home from Buffalo one evening, Matt asked why Nolan had to see so many doctors. He noted, correctly, that Nolan isn't "sick." I explained that some doctors do help you when you are sick, but other doctors help your body work better.
I told him that Nolan sees a doctor to help him hear better, a doctor to help him eat better, and a doctor to help him sleep better. Matt nodded and sat, thinking about this for a few minutes. I thought the conversation was over, but then his voice piped up from the backseat,
"Well, when are we going to get a doctor to help him smell better?"
Perhaps it's time to start toilet training...