Friday, February 19, 2010

Keepin' It Real: Paging Dr. Diaper Genie


On the way home from Buffalo one evening, Matt asked why Nolan had to see so many doctors. He noted, correctly, that Nolan isn't "sick." I explained that some doctors do help you when you are sick, but other doctors help your body work better.

I told him that Nolan sees a doctor to help him hear better, a doctor to help him eat better, and a doctor to help him sleep better. Matt nodded and sat, thinking about this for a few minutes. I thought the conversation was over, but then his voice piped up from the backseat,

"Well, when are we going to get a doctor to help him smell better?"

Perhaps it's time to start toilet training...

8 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh my gosh, Leah. that my be the best post EVER!

Julie

Kimmy K said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed right out loud at that one!

Ericka said...

I think Miles has a fear of the potty chair :(

rouchi6 said...

This is really funny.

tammy said...

Thanks for the great laugh this morning! That is classic!

VBnBama said...

hahahaha, i love it, boys are so funny! i can't imagine having 2 of them! lol

Julia O'C said...

You made me laugh so hard that it sounded like a BARK.

Popping over here from Connor's Song. I read your comment about your son switching preschools at the age of 3 being a not-to-pleasant experience. This is exactly what we are faced with in a few weeks, at exactly the same age. ::sigh:: Wish us luck!

Megan said...

Haha!