Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Love Libraries

No, Nolan isn't really blue. I just need to adjust the camera settings.


I was at our local library and found they have entire activity packets available for check-out. The activities are rated by age, so I checked out a packet for the 1-2 year old age group and one for the 3-5 year old age group.

Nolan's packet came with the book "Ride, Baby, Ride" (he didn't care for it) and a felt board (which he likes- a little too much)! Matt's came with with the book "One Red Sun" and several laminated suns to count out while reading the book.. These things are great because:

1. They come with instructions. People like me need instructions to get by in life.
2. They tell you what your kid is learning.
3. They come with all needed materials.
4. They are totally free. I'm cheap. It's a match made in heaven.

I guess I could come up with some brilliant ideas on my own, but let's face it- I'm lazy. Letting the library do the work for me is worth the $0.50 the parking meter eats. I highly suggest investigating the children's room at your local library.

No comments: