Articles I Have Written
- The Best Books for Kids with Hearing Loss
- Sleep Studies for Kids
- Adjusting to Hearing Aids
- Free Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children
- First Steps When Baby Can't Hear
- When Baby "Refers" on the Newborn Hearing Test
- Water Sports with Hearing Aids
- What is the Newborn Hearing Screen?
- The Best Hearing Aid Accessories for Kids
- Choosing Eyeglasses for Kids
- Great Hearing Loss Simulations
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sorry about the lack of posts, but the weather has been absolutely stunning here lately. After three weeks of solid rain, we had warm temperatures and crystal clear skies. We've been outside playing, visiting farms, and collecting leaves. The boys absolutely loved visiting our local Port Farms, to play in the corn box. I'm just grateful we didn't lose a hearing aid in all of that corn!
Hopefully the bronchoscopy will shed some light on why Nolan has such severe obstructive sleep apnea, so we can address the problem with the right solution.
Even though we've done this particular surgical dog-and-pony show before, I'll be glad when it is over and we can get back to "regular life." Going through the preparation and waiting on the 9th floor of Buffalo Children's is extremely anxiety provoking for Nolan, so keep us in your thoughts tomorrow! Hopefully this will be the last procedure for a long, long time.